M&A and Operations
The Triton Investment Group is an experienced early-stage investment and commercialization entity with experience in the life sciences, energy transition, traditional energy, fintech and education industries. Our fundamental belief is in the importance of the entrepreneurial spirit and working to fill spaces where hyper-growth is possible.
We provide thought leadership through consulting to companies with passionate founders that have ideas that are economically sustainable. Our passion is to work with people and companies that are scalable and can yield substantial value within a short time period.
Commercialization, Investments, M&A and Operations
The Triton Investment Group provides customized solutions, working hard to match capital with the appropriate risks. Based on customer advocacy, we are focused on providing direct investments, superior management advisory, due diligence, valuation, R&D Credit consulting and data services to companies and capital providers in the energy industry.
The Triton Investment Group (“Triton”) is a private, Houston-based investment and professional services company. Having started and incubated seven companies over the past 17 years, Triton is an early-stage, hyper-growth pre-seed, seed and Series A investor.
Triton was formed in February 2004 and has invested in and provided board, operational and financial advisory services for clients in the upstream, midstream, downstream, LNG, marketing and trading, underground storage, power, clean technology, renewables and pipeline energy industries, as well as the private equity, life sciences, technology and private education industries.
Triton has assembled a group of finance, valuation, tax, accounting, engineering, marketing and business development professionals, that collectively have developed and performed detailed due diligence on more than 100 assets, projects and companies.
Triton also provides research and development tax credit assessments. This business is led by a former Duff & Phelps energy valuation, property tax and R&D credit consulting professional with experience in technology, construction and energy assets and companies.
C-suite operating executive, board member and serial entrepreneur who has incubated and managed seven companies over the past 20 years Focused on hyper-growth opportunities in spaces that are not yet filled Investments and experience in the energy, life sciences, technology, private education and manufacturing industries Participated on energy and health care advisory Boards and energy company and non-profit Boards of Directors Mr. Lawyer began his career with JPMorgan in 1990, focused on financing acquisitions by PE firms
Education and Certifications
• M.B.A. in Finance from the European School of Business Administration (INSEAD)
• Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance and Management Information Sciences from Southern Methodist University
• Series 79 and 63 licensefa-spin
• MIT AI/ML course certification
• Biblical counseling course work from the College of Biblical Studies
Shelia has worked on projects ranging from asset and company valuations to project management office (PMO) implementations in the energy and construction industries. Past valuation projects have included work for Sequent Energy, Burlington Resources, Calpine, the City of Houston and the Department of Homeland Security.
Previously, Shelia served as the Assistant Treasurer of Transocean and held various corporate finance, project valuation and strategy roles at ConocoPhillips, AGL Resources and Enron Corp.
Education and Certifications
• M.B.A. in Finance and Strategy from Rice University
• Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance from Baylor University
• Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) from the Project Management Institute (PMI)
• Credit Suisse First Boston, Credit Agricol and Natixis
• System analyst and Java developer for energy hedge funds and investment banks regarding trading strategies, valuation models, fundamental analysis and online trading platforms
• Designed and implemented proprietary trading research and strategies leading to profit exceeding $5MM
• Created and maintained a merchandising tracking system for the wholesale division of the largest retail super market chain in Singapore and a workflow automation program for Fidelity Investments in India
• Mr. Nath received his Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
• Mr. Nath is a volunteer at ‘Citizens for Affordable Energy’
• Mr. Nath has been married for 15 years
Prior Professional Positions:
• Grant Thornton, LLP – Strategic Federal Tax Services Senior Manager
• RSM McGladrey, Inc. – Research and Development Tax Manager
• Ernst & Young – Senior Auditor II, Business Risk Services
• Sprint Corporation – Senior Auditor, Corporate Audit Services
• Deloitte & Touche, LLP – Senior Research & Development Tax Specialist
Technical Resources Information
Through preferred contractual arrangements, Triton has additional technical human resources that can assist with managing and performing technical design reviews, construction monitoring, and product and performance testing.
Technical and operational due diligence on a myriad of investments and projects including energy:
and life sciences:
that combine technology (AI, ML, robotics, natural language processing, deep learning, neural networks, autonomous vehicles) and disruptive opportunities.
Through preferred consulting arrangements, Triton has additional technical human resources that can assist with managing and performing technical design reviews, construction monitoring and performance testing. Notable experience includes:
Technical Resources and Collaboration Partners
Through long-term relationships and collaboration and consulting arrangements, Triton has access to a tremendous pipeline of investment opportunities as well as technical support to assist with managing and performing due diligence and execution.